UK Power Networks
The project has been to design and build a communications network between all of the UKPN Grid and Primary substations in order to mitigate the effect of the BT21CN migration to IP communications.
Vysiion is supporting the critical communication infrastructure (inc. design, project management, supply, installation, configuration, testing and onsite commissioning) for this project utilising multiple vendors to provide interfaces from X21 and V35 through to C37.94 IP and IEC61850-3.
This network support SCADA, Protection and elements of the corporate traffic for UKPN
For the main project Vysiion has been awarded the work to provide:
- A resilient Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SDH) transmission backbone across the entire network
- Combination of various WAN connectivity methods including, Private and Dark Fibres, Radio Networks, BT EAD circuits and copper connectivity
- A full installation of the network with our Substation Authorised communication engineers.
- Full project management for the rollout programme in order to meet the deadlines and be ready for circuit migration
“UKPN have been a long term customer of ours so to be able to be seen as a trusted pair of hands for this critical network build is fantastic for Vysiion. This has been a truly collaborative project with the UKPN team.
Michael Grimshaw, Sales Manager, Vysiion
- Design of Network integrating many communications media
- Supply Multiplexor equipment
- Delivery and commissioning of Network equipment